In support of businesses impacted by the decline in tourism in the City of Stratford.
The Stratford Tourism Alteration & Transformation Project is a grant program available to existing businesses (in operation for at least 6 months) sole proprietors, partnerships and corporations, registered with Canada Revenue Agency, and incorporated non-profits located within the City of Stratford. The STAT Project has been Designed to support businesses impacted by the decline in tourism in the City of Stratford.
The Stratford Economic Enterprise Development Corporation (SEEDCo), through 3rd party delivery agreements, will provide non-repayable contributions of up to $24,000 (per business owner or registered business?) to support one-time adaptation and re-opening costs incurred by tourism-oriented SMEs and NFPs.
Eligible projects will support Small-Medium Sized Enterprises (SMEs) and arts & culture Not for Profit (NFP) organizations in the City of Stratford that rely heavily on tourism activities with the alteration or transformation of their business with:
• Eligible projects must be $10,000 minimum & up to a maximum of $24,000
• Person must own a business located within the City of Stratford Boundaries
• In operation on or before Jan. 30, 2020
• Obtain all necessary permits and abide by all municipal and provincial laws
• Activities net new to the business and must be related to tourism-focused adaption of new COVID-19 protocols or practices, sustaining or growing revenue generation and ensuring long-term stability. Examples include:
infrastructure and equipment to extend the outdoor dining season
secondary entry/exit to improve customer flow and allow physical distancing
health & safety; new marketing campaigns
digital tools & transformations (virtual queue, timed entry ticketing, etc.)
• *Labour, rent/overhead are not eligible
• Any projects or project costs already funded with Federal relief dollars are not eligible
• Applications and grants are on a first-come, first-serve basis
The STAT Project is open for applications and the program will run until December 31, 2020 or until funds are depleted.
*Priority will be given to projects that create/maintain immediate jobs & sustained employment, have a high jobs/dollar invested & impact ratio and illustrate long-term success. Potential projects not listed above will be assessed for eligibility on a case-by-case basis.
Proof of project start - 50% of eligible funds disbursed
Halfway Check-in point includes site visits where necessary - 40% disbursed
Project completion – remaining 10% holdback disbursed
SEEDCo/investStratford will partner with the City of Stratford, Stratford Tourism Alliance, Stratford City Centre Committee Development Corporation (BIA) and the Stratford & District Chamber of Commerce to deliver the project.
Lead Partners Community Partners
City of Stratford Stratford-Perth Centre for Business
Stratford Tourism Alliance Stratford & Area Builders Association
Stratford City Centre Committee (BIA) Perth Community Futures Development Corp
Stratford & District Chamber of Commerce Stratford Bed & Breakfast Association
For more information visit here.
Online application intake opens AugustXX, 2020 and will remain open pending availability of funding.
1. Submission – submit your application online here
2. Due Diligence – SEEDCo. and its community partners will carry out review and due diligence.
3. Project Evaluation – Applications between $10,000-15,000 will be adjudicated internally, based on eligibility and criteria (outlined below). Applications between $15,000 - $25,000 will be adjudicated by a sub-committee made up of Board members of the lead partner group within the Stratford Economic Response and Recovery Taskforce (SEERT). An online application tool will assess impact and rank participants for feedback. In-person/video conference meetings will be used at the discretion of the committee as well.
Applications will be assessed based on:
• eligible expenditures & project scope
• tourism-related job creation & jobs maintained
• does the project strengthen the business in COVID-19 realities
• does the project ensure long-term sustainability
Priority will be given to projects that create/maintain immediate jobs & sustained employment, have a high jobs/dollar invested & impact ratio and illustrate long-term success.
Stratford Economic Enterprise Corporation (SEEDCo) reserves the right to extend the review and due diligence period where applicable in order to receive and evaluate any additional documentation and substantiation.
Incomplete applications will not be considered. No project will extend past January 29, 2021.
Applications will be assessed and thereafter:
50% of eligible funds disbursed upon proof of project start
Halfway Check-in point includes site visits where necessary (40% disbursed)
Project completion (10% holdback disbursed)
Questions? Call 519-305-5050 x? or fill out our contact form.
Learn more about the Stratford Advantage. Make us your first point of contact.