investStratford is spearheading the distribution of a $20,000 grant that has been awarded to the City of Stratford as part of the Main Street Revitalization Initiative run by the Association of Municipalities Ontario (AMO) on behalf of the Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Rural Affairs.
The Downtown Revitalization Initiative is a matching grant program available to businesses located within the Stratford City Centre boundary. The Downtown Initiative has been designed to support exterior capital improvements with a focus on energy efficiency, accessibility, aesthetics, and marketability of small businesses within the downtown. The matching program requires that local business owners commit at least $1,000 to an eligible project with up to 50% eligible for reimbursement via the matching grant.Applications and grants are on a first-come, first-serve basis and open immediately to anyone interested in applying.Notice of Intent must be delivered in person to the investStratford offices at 6 Wellington St., Stratford, Ontario. The initiative is open for applications immediately and the program will run until November 29, 2019 or until funds are depleted.
To be eligible for a grant, applicants must:
• complete both applications (first the Notice of Intent, followed by full application)
• own a business located within the City Centre Boundaries
• be in operation on or before Dec. 30, 2019
• obtain all necessary permits and abide by all municipal and provincial laws
Eligible projects are based on exterior façade improvements only and include but are not limited to:
• energy efficiency (i.e. lighting)
• accessibility access
• aesthetic improvements (i.e. painting, planters)
• window / door replacement
• masonry work
Potential projects not listed above will be assessed for eligibility on a case-by-case basis.
Step 1. Notice of Intent
The Notice of Intent (NOI) is the first step in the application process and evaluates the relevance of a proposed project (in relation to the AMO priorities). Success at this stage will result in an invitation to submit a full application (but does not guarantee funding).
All applicants will be notified within 30 days of submitting a completed NOI (program will be open until Nov. 29, 2019 or until funds are depleted).
The NOI form can be obtained:
• Online: Letter of Intent
• In-person: investStratford office, 6 Wellington St. Stratford, Ontario
Stratford City Centre, 47 Downie St, Stratford, Ontario
Applicants must complete and hand-deliver applications to the investStratford offices at 6 Wellington St. where it will be stamped with the time of receipt.
Step 2. Full Application
If the Notice of Intent is successful you will be invited to submit a full application. The application will be sent to you via email and will contain the Grant Agreement, which includes the terms and conditions the applicant must adhere to.
After you submit the full application, the following steps occur
1. Internal evaluation of applications based on
• alignment with the AMO funding priorities
• eligible projects
• timeline and estimated results
2. Funding decision: Applicants will be notified of the results within 30 days of full application submission.
• Successful applicants will be required to complete their façade improvements in advance.
• Once approved, grant recipients have 4 months to complete improvements.
• Grant recipients will receive reimbursements after completing a progress report and remitting a copy of all receipts.
Learn more about the Stratford Advantage. Make us your first point of contact.